Friday, March 25, 2011

The Chris Brown Factor

There has been a whole lot of discussion in the media about the antics of Chris Brown.  And here is one more.  I happen to be a Chris Brown fan.  I think that he is ultra talented........BOTTOM LINE!  Yes I also think that he is very attractive too.  Now I had to say that because I was having a FACEBOOK argument with some guys about this very point.  I told him that I didn't like a mature black man tearing into Chris in such a nasty way.  I think we should be bigger than that.  BUT.................I have found out the hard way that me and all my postive thinking and sunshine personality cannot single handedly stamp out negativity and bias.  I just continue to hate to see it in the African American community. 

But anyway...........CHRIS..................I think that what gets Chris so upset is this....The media doesn't care anything about Rhianna getting beat up.  They care that they have something 'bad' to be able to forever taint Chris Brown's image with.  Now what do you think would happen if Justin Bieber and his girlfriend got into a physical altercation?  I'm sure that the media would have forgiven him by now.  I think that people forget that Chris Brown is ONLY 21 years old.  He has not found out yet that he cannot compare himself to Charlie Sheen.  I am not saying that he isn't right.  I am saying that he has not learned that the world does not always spin in the direction of what is right.  Chris Brown feels that the Rhianna thing was two years ago.  He apologized.............and he has tried to grow from that.  That should be enough please let me live. (I was speaking in Chirs Brown's voice)  But that mos def isn't HOLLYWOOD!  No they wanna take all your mistakes and dirt and issues and PLASTER it up so that the world may laugh at you.

There are things that I did as a rebellious teenager that my mother STILL clinches up about whenever the subject comes up.  I mean I have soooooooooo many great achievements since I was 17 or 18.  But my mother still carries some of that pain from what I did as a CHILD.  That is life.  I don't think that Chris Brown has lived enough life to understand that people hold you to your mistakes much deeper and longer than they appreciate all of your successes.  When he was invited onto Good Morning America after having had a media lock out almost since the Rhianna incident...............I'm sure that he thought that FINALLY things could go forward and he could put the Rhianna incident behind him.  BUT...........to finally have out a new CD that people seem to be loving already.........and then to have your CD and accomplishment spit on with the Rhianna incident.............was probably a bit much.  And contributed to the outburst. 

And let me say for the record...............He did an excellent job of holding it together during the interview.  He was not disrespectful at all. 

NOW...................I am NOT taking up for what he did.  You do not hit a woman ever!  But I look at my life.  In my teen years I has some straight up knock down drag out fight with GUYS!  Yes I was a pistol and I would take it there in a minute.  And some of the guys that I hit DID hit me back and we actually fought.  You can forgive that kind of mess when you have a "teen" behind your age.......EVEN THOUGHT IT IS STILL WRONG.  I think that we who don't have Chris Brown's money feel that the money adds a new element to it.  We feel that................."Shoot he has all that money................he shouldn't he afforded the same leniency that we who are poor are afforded.  He's rich young and good looking...........CRUCIFY HIS ASS." 

We need a Berry Gordy right now.  Berry Gordy the founder of Motown understood this.  He knew that young Detroit city project and empoverished youth couldn't be unleashed on the world raw and untrained!  Berry Gordy made sure that there were charm classes for both male and females.  They were taught how to speak to the media.  How to handle yourself with  style and grace.  I am saying that Chris Brown is no more than The Temps and the Four Tops were in their day.  Just raw city raised deeply talented black kid is what I see. 

Now I have to admit that I am still in Chris Brown's corner for now.  I feel that he is getting a bad rap.  I mean let's be truthful.  LOOK AT CHARLIE SHEEN.  LOOK AT ALEC BALDWIN.  I don't hear anyone putting that grip in Charlie.  I never hear anyone talking to Alec Baldwin about how ugly he acted during the Kim Basinger break up and how Alec cursed his child out and called her a selfish pig.  NO they just let him host the Oscars year before last..........one of the greatest honors in entertainment.  I am praying that Chris will learn a crash course in how to protect himself and conduct himself and that he will calm down with age.

But if there is another woman beating incident...........then I am through with all my talk about him not getting a fair shake!

But for now................I think that we should give him a little more love and understanding.  Just because he has massive talent does not mean that he deserves being treated like a criminal.  At 19 hitting a female is wrong.  It's wrong at ANY AGE.  But he has already said that his stepfather beat his mother.  I am not excusing him.  I am saying please give him a chance to leave it behind and start fresh.  I mean a real fresh start.  One that does not include the one black woman on Good Morning America putting the screws to him on live TV.  I feel that once he said to Robin..............."I've left that all behind........I'm here to talk about the new CD that is available today."  That should have been enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be sent to the author of this blog for verification. Your comment should appear within 48 hours. Okima Havis