Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The GREATEST Love in History

 One day I asked myself a question.  If it was even remotely possible for me to put into words how I feel about my love for God and His love for me and what I was feeling inside when I felt God's love in my life....................what would I say.  And the words that I am about to share with you is what I came up with.  Now I have to admit that I wrote this a few years ago and I have not looked at it in a long time.  Well today I decided to read it and it blew my mind.  And I am posting this hoping that you will derive some small pleasure from reading it as I did..............................................
 
 
 
 
You and I share a profound and bottomless bliss that is unsurpassed by any love that has ever been documented in any book in history.
 
You first introduced yourself to me in the womb and it was there that I first knew that you would be all my warmth and security. 
 
As I pushed myself into this world, you were there to introduce me to my first words and you would certify the expediency of my recognition of numbers shapes and sounds where knowledge was first formed in me intellectually.
 
You were my first babysitter, and you were always fun, you always held my attention, and you allowed my mind to be free and formulate who it was I would grow up to be, you complete me and without you, there is no me because your love flows deeper than any love in history.
 
As I matured, you matured with me and in me, you were so much a part of me that I didn’t even see how there could be a possibility of my existence without your passion overflowing out my heart my, my soul, my mind, my eyes, my fingers my toes my total entity.
 
When the world closed its doors to me and then turned its back on my mere possibility you saved me from bleeding to death from the amputation of my spirit, and you snatched me from the jaws of death which were trying to devour me.  Then from the bondage of self hate, you delivered me, and from my human crafted life of mental captivity.  You said oh no devil you see, this one belongs to me and as long as she has me, nothing will ever be able to tear down her beauty, because you see all of that was built by me.
 
I began to see that the love you had for me was as pure as love could ever be.  Though You never even asked anything back from me, forever faithful to you I will be, because the love I have for you is nothing compared to the splendor that you have interlocked deep inside of me.
 
You saw all the possibilities in me and you made it your mission to fashion my possibilities into vast tangible realities.  Some get jealous or uncomfortable when they see the intricate love I have for you and you for me, but they don’t understand how you came and rescued me, and exalted me from nobody to somebody and because of that our love is precious sweet harmony.  You ignite in me an ecstasy that annihilates the walls of hate that are constantly trying to build a cage around me.  Some say that it’s wrong to love you this deeply, but I say to them you must have never experienced the greatest love in history.
 
I love you so much there could never be another whose name makes me smile and feel so free, so empowered and confident in Your ability.  Your name produces in me an immunity to mediocrity, and gives me the liberty and the flexibility to be utterly and undeniably me.  And to be undeniably me is to worship you with an awesome love you see.  Because before the foundation of this earth ever rotated around the sun one time you had a plan for me.  And when I stop to think about it.  I didn't first choose you.  You first chose me because you engineered and you constructed me to be the spitting image of your awesome greatness and your delicacy.  So if I reject who it was you chose me to be that means I reject your love and your care for me.  And since I don't reject you I show you a fearless accountability for where you chose me to exist in history and there I walk confidently.  And in that confidence others sneer and judge and call it vanity, but all it really is me loving you and you loving me.
 
God the Father is your first name and your middle name is God the Son and your last name is God the Holy Spirit and your worth has instilled in me, dignity and a quality that makes other attack with envy.  But my God is an unselfish lover and loves each of with the same quality.
 
What more can I say about the love of my life, the King of My Soul, the perfect and unblemished, flawless diamond, of my heart who makes me whole?  You were here way before me and even when the world has long forgotten me, you will still be here to heal the world with your perfect melody. God the father Son and Holy Spirit thank you for being to me all of what no human could ever be.  You are the one for me for all eternity, and yes I declare it with every iota of my creativity that GOD, you are the greatest love in history.
 
 
Written by Okima M. Havis

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be sent to the author of this blog for verification. Your comment should appear within 48 hours. Okima Havis